This dual scale refractometer is used to measure, monitor and control the concentration of salt in water. Especially useful in aquarium and marine applications, and making brine. Measures specific gravity and salinity. Features copper components and automatic temperature compensation.
Agtec Salinity Refractometer, Aquarium & Seawater
- Dual scale
- Measures specific gravity and salinity
- Copper construction
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC): 50°F - 86°F (10°C - 30°C)
- Specific gravity measurement range: 1.0 - 1.070
- Salinity measurement range: 0-100‰
- Easy calibration with distilled water
- Adjustable eyepiece
- Hard plastic carrying case
- Pipette, soft cloth, & calibration screwdriver included
- 1 year warranty
This dual scale salinity refractometer is used to measure, monitor and control the concentration of salt in water.
Especially useful in aquarium and marine applications, this refractometer allows you determine salinity levels with just two drops of aquarium water. This can help users adjust salt levels to emulate natural seawater.
This meter measures specific gravity (D 20/20) and salinity in parts per thousand (‰). Use this meter to replace your poor quality and difficult to read hydrometer.
This refractometer also features automatic temperature compensation, and automatically compensates for errors when the ambient temperature varies from the standard temperature of 68°F to anywhere between 50°F - 86°F.
- Aids in producing brine for pickling and preserving
- Sea food prep
- Maintaining laboratory stock solutions and dilutions
- Oceanography and marine research
Instructions for use:
- To take a reading, place a few drops of a sample liquid on the measurement prism enough cover the entire prism.
- Close the prism so that the liquid spreads across the entire surface of the prism without air bubbles or dry spots.
- Hold the instrument under a light source, look through the eyepiece.
- The reading is located at the boundary of the light and dark fields on the scale. The left side of the scale indicates the specific gravity and the right side parts per thousand.
- Focus eyepiece if display is blurry.
- Record measurement.
- Wipe dry with a clean cloth (do not wash or rinse). Store the instrument in a dry environment.
Unit Ship Weight: 2 lbs